In this tutorial we will learn how to use DHT22 Humidity and Temperature Sensor with Arduino and display the values on the OLED Display.
Watch the video!
Step 1: What You Will Need
- Arduino Uno or any other Arduino board
- DHT22 sensor
- Jumper wires
- OLED Display
- Visuino software: Download here
Step 2: The Circuit
- Connect DHT22 positive pin + (VCC) to Arduino pin +5V
- Connect DHT22 negative pin – (GND) to Arduino pin GND
- Connect DHT22 pin (Out) to Arduino digital pin (7)
- Connect OLED Display pin[VCC] to Arduino pin[5V]
- Connect OLED Display pin[GND] to Arduino pin[GND]
- Connect OLED Display pin[SDA] to Arduino pin[SDA]
- Connect OLED Display pin[SCL] to Arduino pin[SCL]
Step 3: Start Visuino, and Select the Arduino UNO Board Type
The Visuino: https://www.visuino.eu also needs to be installed. Download Free version or register for a Free Trial.
Start Visuino as shown in the first picture Click on the “Tools” button on the Arduino component (Picture 1) in Visuino When the dialog appears, select “Arduino UNO” as shown on Picture 2
Step 4: In Visuino Add,Set & Connect Components
- Add “DHT” component
- Select “HumidityThermometer1” and in the properties window set type to DHT22
- Add “OLED” display component
- Double click on the “DisplayOLED1″In the elements window drag “Text Field” to the left side
- In the properties window set size to 2
- In the elements window drag another “Text Field” to the left side
- In the properties window set size to 2 and Y to 20
- Close the Elements window
- Connect “HumidityThermometer1” pin Temperature to “DisplayOLED1” > “Text Field1”
- Connect “HumidityThermometer1” pin Humidity to “DisplayOLED1” > “Text Field2”
- Connect “HumidityThermometer1” pin Sensor to Arduino board DIGITAL pin 7
- Connect “DisplayOLED1” pin I2C Out to Arduino board pin I2C In
Step 5: Generate, Compile, and Upload the Arduino Code
In Visuino, at the bottom click on the “Build” Tab, make sure the correct port is selected, then click on the “Compile/Build and Upload” button.
Step 6: Play
If you power the Arduino UNO module, the OLED Display will start to show the temperature and humidity values.
Congratulations! You have completed your project with Visuino. Also attached is the Visuino project, that I created for this Instructable, you can download it and open it in Visuino: https://www.visuino.eu